Friday, October 16, 2009

Relief

I am happy that my ex replied to my message. He said he appreciated my message for him.

Just glad.

On the brighter side of things, I was able to read the first of two very thick chapters for my PhD and I enjoyed it. It will be very useful in justifying what I would like to do. *woot!* I still have another chapter that I need to read. Tomorrow will be another very busy day but hopefully when I get that out of the way I can focus on the second paper. I have no plans of cramming again next Tuesday, I still have a technical report to write. I will also be spending the rest of the week checking programming! *barfs*

Still, I have much to be thankful for. Thank You Lord for all of the blessings you tirelessly bestow upon me and my family. Please continue to bless us. We are always at Your mercy.

I would also like to share this video, this made me cry. It reminded me of how much we are loved by our parents and more so, by our Father.


There are no words to describe what you're about to see. It's all about HIM!

A Son asked his father, "Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?" The father who, despite having a heart condition, says "Yes". They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons. The father always saying "Yes" to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his fater, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together."

To which, his father said "Yes".

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together!




By the way, those are Rick and Dick Hoyt also known as Team Hoyt. Yes, this really happened. *sigh*

No comments: