Thursday, October 01, 2009

Mall Hopping

I spent the whole day yesterday inside the house, monitoring all the activities on Facebook and reading papers for my PhD class. When nighttime fell, I prepared for the dinner with my friends with my friend's new husband and groom (for the third time), her in-laws and family members. The dinner started pretty late so it ended late as well. No matter, we had good food and good company and I got myself some scoop that I can dish out when I do my emcee stint at their reception. I hope I do not get the details of their respective stories mixed up!

I have been doing this a lot lately. It feels like all my thoughts are scattered in different places, disorganized like most of my things. My clutter is creeping up into my brain as well. Or is my clutter merely a reflection of my thoughts? Wait a minute, I am sounding like some of the papers that I am reading. Must stop now.

Today, I got to spend part of my day with my mom and sister. Today (or so we thought) was the last day of the Citibank promo where we exchange our charge slips for movies! So, we went to MOA again to watch a movie. We opted for The Ugly Truth. I love, love, love this movie. It was so funny we were all laughing and for some, howling already because of their witty lines. I also liked the story, I was all giddy still minutes after the movie ended.

Right after the movie, I had to rush to Makati to meet up with my friends. Tonight was the despedida of a batchmate of mine who was going to Japan for his PhD. They also saw a movie but they opted to see Surrogates. Instead of watching that, I decided to just catch a chick flick and then join them for dinner. As it turns out, the Surrogates was not that great. My mom already told me it was not good so I am soh glad I got to see Butler and his sexy self in one of the funniest movies I have seen to date.

I will definitely watch it again on DVD with my sister. Another highlight of the movie was the trailer part *haha*! Yup! Michael Jackson's This Is It got us all super, duper excited!!! We already have tickets... Oh yeah I have told you about that already! We plan to watch it again and have inquired already. They will be showing this only for two weeks! We plan to get more tickets via Citibank, they are going to allow us to claim tickets until November! *yey*

When I got to Makati I still had time to stroll around GB5. I got to try on shoes, almost bought a pair of 4-inch heels! Thank goodness they did not have my size! *haha!* I felt tired after trying them on! I just had them for less than a minute! I cannot imagine being an emcee all night in them! I also got to visit the new Fully Booked at the basement of GB5. It's a charming place. I got my colleague a journal that he can use for when he goes to Japan. I am a sucker for notebooks!

When I met up with my friends they were at Time Zone and they got me to try out some arcade games! :) It was really fun hanging out with them. Afterwards, we ate at Bubba Gump's where I got to order Bourbon Street Mahi Mahi. The guys went for the Baby Back Ribs and then we had my colleagues fave dessert. While there it almost felt like we were cast of How I Met Your Mother! :)

I told them I should be Robin, but they are arguing that I am more of a Lily. *boo!* I want to be the Robin! :)

Just a side story, on my way to GB, the taxi driver of the cab I was riding was flagged down by a traffic enforcer. He was not given a ticket instead, the traffic enforcer in Makati asked for money. They got a hundred bucks off this poor driver. I cannot believe they choose to do this after a big tragedy has befallen us. *sigh* I gave the driver an extra hundred to compensate for what the enforcer got from him. When he was pulled over, the driver politely asked why he was asked to do so, and then the enforcer started yelling at him. I think something should be done bout this Mayor Binay. You tell people what a good job you have been doing at Makati and yet the traffic enforcers are like this. My taxi was not the only one that was asked to pull over, during the short time we were asked to stop, there were four other cabs that were asked to pull over as well. Shame on them really. Shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon
your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact loved account your blog posts.
Any way I'll be subscribing on your augment or even I fulfillment you access consistently rapidly.

Feel free to surf to my homepage - cellulite treatment cream