Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vendetta

Here is another declamation piece from the past...

Disclaimer: This is really not how I remember Vendetta. I remember it as something more tragic but this is the only thing I was able to come across. I just transcribed this from an actual performance. I am at the mercy of the memory of the kid that performed this. I plan to modify this so it is as I remember it but I am too lazy right now *hehe!*. For now, this will have to do! :)





Vendetta



Vendetta... Vendetta... Vendetta....

Please, please leave me alone!

Stop! Stop! No! No!

Leave me alone!

I am free! I know I am free! Hahaha!!!

Do you know me? They call me Vendetta. They say I am ugly. Well... I am. I am not deceived by my looks. I love and know that I am ugly.

I still remember, yes, we were very rich. My father was the most successful businessman in our place. Everyone respected him and my mother, oh she was so lovely that everybody admired her. And me? Look at me! I am so ugly! Everybody hates me! They laugh at me! Everybody loathes me! They spite me! I don't always agree with people, I am uneducated, I am unfortunate!

"Vendetta my business associates are coming, I do not want them to see you. Do you understand?"

"Oh Papa, papa, papa! Please!"

"No! Do not disobey. Do as I tell you! I want you to stay in your room! Stay out of sight! Is this clear?"

"But Papa why are you doing this to me? I am your child. Your flesh and blood. Why are you so cruel to me?

"No do not say that. Not with that ugly face! Josefa, Josefa bring that ugly child to her room right now!"

"Oh madam, madam I am so sad. I am so unlucky! I am so disgusted."

"No Vendetta you are luckier than the street children who have nowhere to go and do not feel loved"

"Love? Love? Where is love? Am I loved by my parents? I envy the street children who are poor but are loved. Me? I may be rich but nobody loves me, nobody cares about me.

"I am really sorry Vendetta."

One day, I was playing with a child with a lovely place. Mama got angry, she said to me:

"Vendetta, how many times do I have to tell you to stay in your room?"

She then faced her friends and said: "She is somebody's child that was asked to stay with us."

"I heard it and it crushed my heart and it kept bleeding! My own mother despised me and she is not proud of me!"

I wanted to shout, I wanted to cry until I have let out all the anger inside me! Oh God, why, why do they do this to me?

I love them. I do. I love them. Ah! I better just run away to a far away place so that they can see me no more! Yes! I am certain!

I want to be free, free from prejudice, free from rejection! And now judge me and tell me do I have the right to take myself away from them?

7 comments:

alice~ said...

is this the whole declamation??? thanks for posting!!!! ive been finding this for a long time!

dRaMaQuEeN said...

Hello Alice!

As I have said in the disclaimer, this was transcribed from a performance of a child. I am not certain if this is the original version as I remember it as something more violent.

jhun rino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jhun rino said...

she did not kill her parents...no suspense , no revenge...no tragic..is this all? no continuation?

Anonymous said...

yeah..no highlight at all..

Anonymous said...

who is the author of this declamation piece??

Anonymous said...

can I know the author of this monologue? i badly need it and can't find it.thanks.