Monday, December 12, 2005

Two Weddings and a Party

Last Christmas, December 23, 2004 to be exact, I attended a wedding of a friend. I did not have a boyfriend then and I really was not looking for one. I was just contented with the kind of life I led. I was not closing my door to the possibility that one day true love may knock but I was not waiting by the window for my prince either. Let's just say, I was happily single.

I was.

And then I caught the bouquet... Not really caught it. I picked it up because the throw was not very successful but the mom of the bride insisted that picking it up is the same as catching it. They say that if you catch the bouquet you're next in line to tie the knot. Sure, I did not even have a boyfriend. All my other friends were happily attached at that time by the way.

On the way home, the mom of my friend mentioned a name of a guy. She wanted to introduce us. I looked outside the window of the moving car, beyond the horizon was a glint of hope. Who knows... he can be the one. My quiet contemplation was interrupted by my friend driving the car, "He's leaving for the States two days from now.". Talk about bursting my bubble.

This Saturday, I spent the entire day with that guy whose name is now carved deeply in my heart. Things happened the way it would in a movie. I don't know how, but I guess the best director of all time should never be questioned. He is simply amazing. He made things possible for us and now we're together 24/7 under the sun. Haha! I know I'm beginning to sound like the TelCo commercials. :)

Last December 10, I attended yet another wedding. I ddi not catch the bouquet, but this time I have a boyfriend. A perfect one at that. I also had my friend with me, the one who was used to lead me to the man of my dreams. I am glad that I was with him. It was quite an experience to witness the exchange of vows with my boyfriend though most of the time, he was taking pictures. :)

After the wedding, he asked if we could go out after. So we dropped off his officemate, and our common friend and then we had coffee. He took more pictures of course.

We crashed at a party of Caltex coz that's where his youngest sister works. She was so nice, she asked us to come in. Their party was jumping, there was a live band and there were a lot of people dancing... Wanted to dance too but I restrained my self.

I had a great time hanging out with him and truly I am blessed to have him in my life. Every moment spent with him is a gift so rare and precious.

I love you baby!

I am glad that we found one another and recognized the love when our gaze met.


 Taken from the night before... We ate dinner and then saw The FogPosted by Picasa

No comments: