Saturday, December 24, 2005

King Kong-quering the Screens

My beau and I saw King Kong last Thursday and I thought it was going to be some cheesy flick but Peter Jackson surprised me by how he presented the story. I liked how he would plug in metaphor every now and then to spice things up a little.

The movie has presented a timeless irony of how a man can be the monster and how a monster can be more humane. The film presented the best and the worst in the complicated workings of the human brain. The movie portrayed risks as opportunities for growth. I can't help but agree, I have always been a fan of pushing the envelope farther everytime. It allows struggle but growth in the process. I think it was my father that imparted me that lesson.

King Kong is a great flick, if you have the time, see it. It's not a disappointment from the Lord of the Rings director. Of course, I could not help but hear the background of LOTR in teh background... tan tan tan tananan tananan tananan tananan... Sorry could not help but indulge. :)

No comments: