Saturday, December 31, 2005

Cheers for 2005

Reminiscing

AS I look back to the year that was, I cannot help but smile. I feel my heart become warm as I rethink the memories 2005 has given me. I can vaguely recall what I was thinking of last year but what I am sure of is that I was unprepared of what the year was to bring forth in my life.

Little did I know last year at around the same time, that I will be meeting the man of my dreams more than a month after 2005 began. I did not know that I would finally finish my dreaded masteral thesis a few months later. It was in this year I am about to bid farewell to that I experienced my major car accident when my tire exploded. More emcee jobs also came my way this year. I think it was also this year that I tried out for a newscasting job. Amazing how quickly time flies.

As I begin a brand new year, another blank canvas is before me. I have my palette of emotions, people and experiences that I will be crafting my masterpiece with. I am hopeful that this obra will be good enough to be pleasing to Him.

A short prayer

I am grateful to the Almighty for the year 2005. Thanks Lord for keeping my family safe and all my loved ones. I thank you for all the blessings You have so generously bestowed upon us. I lift up to You 2005 as an offering Lord. All of the accomplishments Lord I offer up to You as an offering may they be acceptable.Lord, I pray that 2006 will be Your year. May there be peace Lord. I also lift up to You those who were victims of calamities this 2005. I pray Lord for those who perished, grant them eternal rest Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. I also pray for the families of those who passed away, please give them the strength to face everyday.

2005 List of Aspirations

I just discovered in my diary that I had a list of aspirations for the year 2005. This was mainly inspired by The Sims 2, the game I was so addicted to last year.


  1. Finish thesis

  2. After a grueling time, I made it and finally finished my thesis and earned my MSCS degree.
  3. Go back to the 12-lap routine

  4. I used to do a 36-lap routine and then went to a 12 lap routine after I stopped for a year and this year I began with a 12-lap routine but starting March, I went to a contant 20-lap routine. I think I'm sticking with 20.
  5. Dance

  6. Occasionally I dance.
  7. Rollerblade

  8. I was not able to do this but am planning to do so tomorrow... If I wake up early. I can't find a nice venue!
  9. Try out for YSpeak

  10. Never got to do this because I had class during auditions but I did try out for RPN 9's newscasting.
  11. Try out for Repertory

  12. Never got to do this... Not ballsy enough yet.
  13. Apply for another job

  14. Nooneenoo...
  15. Teach well

  16. I hope I was able to do this.
  17. Undergo IVLE Training

  18. I'm not sure if I am still interested. :)
  19. Still be an active lector

  20. Very active still. I love being a lector and an occasional commentator.
  21. Be a more active Caring Circle attendee

  22. I was active at the beginning of the year but after the accident, I don't get to drive a lot anymore and besides, most of the time my brother's car is in the condo and I do not want to drive his car. It's hard to go to Caring Circles if you don't have a car.
  23. Still be an LSCS adviser

  24. I still am though it was not really up to me but to the officers of LSCS.
  25. Be more organized

  26. I swear I tried for the first few months of the year but it is so difficult to be organized when everyone you share the same space with is disorganized. It's hard to go back to your old ways.
  27. Read books for leisure

  28. I have gotten back to reading this year I was able to read a few books:


    • Taming of the Shrew by William Shaespeare

    • Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

    • The Little Prince (yet again!) by Antoine de Sainte Exupery

    • Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

    • The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks

    • 99 Reasons for Being by Clare Dudman

    • White Oleander by Janet Fitch




  29. Read the bible

  30. I have my Didache and I try to read the bible as much as I can though I think I read the Bible more in 2004.
  31. Be nice

  32. I try...
  33. Don't crack under pressure

  34. Thanks a lot to my boyfriend for helping me cope with all the pressure 2005 brought!
  35. Change oil the RAV4

  36. Partly it was 'cause of the accident that I got the oil changed. Technically, it was my mom who had it done for me. *sheepish grin*
  37. Send papa an email regularly

  38. I think our correspondence is going very well.
  39. Buy your own digital camera

  40. I did not have to do this anymore since my mom bought me a Nokia 6630, it's a digital camera and a phone in one. Though I still plan to buy a digital camera in the future... Maybe a canon 20D? My boyfriend is supposed to give me lessons in photography! :)



This year... I can see how the list effectively motivated me to do things last 2005 so I might construct another list. Let me think about it first though.

No comments: