Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Gift

Last Thrusday after watching King Kong, he drove me to the unit, and then while at the door, asked for a glass of water. I turned my back and got him some water. He drank the water, thanked me and prepared to leave. My eye caught a glance of a gift wrapped in a fancy paper with fancy ribbons. I wondered for a while who my brother was giving the gift to.

I turned to find my keys to the door and also to check if my boyfriend has left anything behind. The minute I turned to face him again, the gift was right before me! It was actually for me!

It came with a little card that says,

CHRISTMAS 2005
My everdearest baby,

It's so nice to spend the holidays today knowing that it wouldn't be so cold and lonely as before, knowing that I have you in my life.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
I LOVE YOU!
Lovelots,
Vince


I cried.

He says maybe it was just an after effect of King Kong, but I know in my heart that I cried because it touched me deeply that my presence in his life makes a difference.

For three days, I have been dying to know what is inside the box. There are times when it looks like a mug. My younger sister, went to great lenths as to measure the box against a mug. I had so much fun looking forward to what the gift's content was. He instructed me to wait 'til the clock strikes 12 on the 25th.

And so the clock finally struck 12.

I opened the gift, slowly, relishing the fact that I am finally opening the mystery gift that has so intrigued my mother and sister they have wanted to rip the wrapper open themselves.

I finally opened it.

DKNY... I didn't know DKNY made mugs hehe...

The box revealed a white box and the white box then revealed a silver watch. Darn! I should have taken a picture of the wrapped gift. That escaped me again!!!

The silver watch has long been something that I have been wanting to get since he gave me my silver ring because my Gucci gold watch does not match the ring. I have not gotten around to buying one because for one, the watches are expensive he he... Glad he gave me one because his taste is impeccable.

Thank you baby for the watch. Thanks for bothering to adjust the time for me. Thank you for taking forever to think of what gift to give me. But most of all, thank you for being you. Thank you for the gift of yourself to me. Thank you for sharing your dreams, frustrations, hopes, dreams, victories and so much more to me.

I look forward to more Christmases with you in my life.

I love you!

No comments: