Sunday, March 26, 2006

Reaching Out


Museo Pambata with Open Heart Foundation Kids Posted by Picasa

Yesterday morning, I went to Museo Pambata with my other students to spend half a day with children from the Open Heart Foundation. Most of the kids have been there before also with the same batch of students who were with me. I had fun with the kids! I had fun especially since it was also my first time to go there. The kid I was assigned to was very affectionate and she was not very shy so I got her to open up to me easily. She has six siblings and she is the second child. She wants to become a nurse someday so she can help the sick.

Her dream filled me with hope and I pray that there will come a day when all her dreams will come true.

It was a morning well spent. There is no better vacation than to hear the laughter and excited shrieks of those kids. I thank the Lord for giving me the chance to experience what I did last Saturday. No words can express how glad I was to be with kids and to be with real Lasallians who choose to spend the Saturday morning with the needy than to get extra hours of sleep. I have never been more proud of them. Last Saturday is their last outreach activity as students. They will be graduating this June.

Thank you Catch 2T6 for the heart you have given to the poor that you have consistently helped.

No comments: