Monday, January 11, 2010

Past Text

I just had the most exhausting night last night. I saw Sherlock Holmes and while it had a nice ending, it was quite too long for my short attention span. I found the London setting drab and gloomy. I don't know what to make out of the revamped image of Sherlock Holmes as a super genius, super hero bordering X-Men abilities... Hmm... It entertained me but I thought there was something lacking. I liked the tandem of Law and Downey though... But I am not really a movie critic so... yeah... hehe...

I also got a blast from the past after I saw a notebook filled with text messages from the past. I was a big loon back then and I transcribed messages from my crush back in 2000-2001 *wahaha*. Funny, because I really, I mean seriously enjoyed reading the messages. Too bad, a few months before our falling out, I did not transcribe anymore... Too lazy I guess or did I just lose interest? Not sure anymore. Still, I think I know how we managed to text each other day in, day out, consistently, obsessively almost, he was so darn funny. I only transcribed his messages and not my replies so I only know half of our conversations from way back but boy... it was a riot!

In case you are wondering, he is now married with a cute baby girl. I am very happy for him. He was always a free spirit and I did not think he would settle down. Ever. He has proven me wrong then again, he was never the predictable type. :) I am glad our paths crossed and believe it or not, I am happy too that I was crazy enough to transcribe his messages. Something to show my grandkids someday. They would roll on the floor laughing! I mean seriously. :)

As I was reading it last night, I could not help but remember those days when I was idealistic, and I had values that I would never compromise. Now, I do not think I can say the same. Last night, I wished that I were that girl again and that I had so much still ahead of me. If I could talk to that girl I would tell her to hold on to those things because those values are your compass so you will never get lost.

At the same time, I am grateful because though I have lost my compass, the Northern Star guides me. Hopefully, It will lead me to where I really should be. In the meantime, I just have to do my part, and hope and most importantly trust.

No comments: