Saturday, November 21, 2009

2012

I have just seen 2012.

I did not expect much intellectual stuff... At first it was okay because it had some discussions on solar flare which has been discussed to me before and I have seen an episode on the History Channel before on that but then things went downhill from there. Suddenly it felt like a cross between an Indiana Jones movie and a Rialto simulation. If you are looking for a thinking movie, this is not the movie for you. This movie is all about disaster eye candy.

I thought it was very dragging (perhaps my needing to pee in the middle of the film had much to do with this) and there were a lot of scenes that could have just been edited out. There were characters that did not really do much for the story nor the sympathy of the audience.

I do not think this movie will be great on DVD because the graphics and effects and sound will be better appreciated if seen on the big screen. The story on the other hand was really lousy, this beats all other disaster movies in terms of the lousiness of the story. :)

If I were to live until 2012 I wonder what I would want... hmm... This makes me think. :) How do I want to spend the rest of my life if the rest of my life is only until 2012?

I think I need more time to think about this but I would definitely want to spend the rest of my life happy that's for sure.

No comments: