Friday, July 29, 2011

Progress Report

We are going to have a meeting tomorrow and I am not very pleased with what I have accomplished in the last few days. I could have done more had I not been so glued to the television which conveniently is just a few inches from me! Aargh!

I need to go to a research retreat and really, really think about things. I just need to prepare all my materials, say for example, a completed RRL. I cannot say I have done well because I am still lacking greatly I think in materials. I have now, a memory of a goldfish so I need to keep on reviewing the papers. This might be a good thing, hopefully, by the time (which SHOULD be next term) I defend, I would know them by heart.

I might not do Hidden Markov Model anymore because most readings say I need a representation that is human readable. I still need a probabilistic approach but definitely it has to have first order predicate logic somewhere. Wow, I make it sound like I understand it *haha!*. I have no friggin' idea yet how to do this but hopefully, I will get there.

My papers are more or less organized (leaning more towards LESS), I still have a tall pile to read but I have to attend the meeting by tomorrow already and I haven't got the time to continue reading some more. My output will just have to do.

I have to go and catch some winks, tomorrow is a full day. I do not like defense week. Nobody does. So why do we have it again?

No comments: