Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Road Less Never Travelled

Growing up is inevitable. The only comfort that I find in doing so right now is that I do not have to do it alone. I have an amazing companion. It helps to know that I am not alone in the decisions that I face. Though in the end, the decisions are still mine to make, it helps to have someone right behind you, cheering you on. Trusting that someone will catch your fall is difficult but I think I have learned to do that.

Last Tuesday, I have decided to put on my hiking boots, packed my backpack and started hiking up a trail I am unaware of. I wanted to explore and find out if I can make it on my own. I wanted to know how freedom felt atop a mountain with no conveniences of modern civilization. I just, for once, want to experience it as others my age, are already beginning to. The climb won't be an easy one, the look of it, and the tales of the people who have been there are enough to scare me. Yet amidst the uncertainty of it all, I want to try. I would get scrapes, here and there, bruises even, a few slips, but I know in my heart, I will stand up.

As I was contemplating on the journey I was about to take. It was a load off my shoulders when somebody tapped my shoulder asking if a companion might be welcome. I was more than glad to have a hand I can hold on to when the path may seem too slippery, or the rocks may look so dangerously sharp or the climbs overly steep. Having someone along will make it more worthwhile, adding fun to an otherwise arduous exodus.

And so as we begin our first few steps into the unknown, I lift up to the Lord our unsure steps, that He may guide us to where we should go. May we not stray from the path He has so lovingly prepared for us. Bless this journey Lord, for this journey is for You. You can see more up there so it will help us if you can coach us every now and then. We'll be tuning in on you. I am praying fervently that we have everything we need to reach the mountain top. Whatever we may lack Lord, please provide for us as You always do.

No comments: