Friday, February 03, 2006

Big Apple

I just finished reading (yet again) a technical paper that I have already read last week. It's true what my professor said, read a technical paper for the first time to get an idea of what it is about. Read it the second time to understand what the algorithms are and the significance of the paper. Read it again and again until finally you understand what it means and you have dissected each part.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed reading the technical papers I was able to find. Could it be that I have always been in the research area where I should be? Am I really a fan of distributed computing? I do hope so because I have been dwelling on distributed computing too much. Now to be able to express myself in the most unambiguous way is another story. How can I limit myself into using indices, subscripts, qualifiers, sets? Oh well... push the envelope further, I must!

For now, let me just savor the little bite from the big apple of research. Now if you'll excuse me, I still have much chewing to do!

No comments: