Monday, September 26, 2005

I Need A Hero!!!

After the 4:30pm mass a co-faculty of mine and I went to the Center for Arts Foundation, Inc. They were opening the new venue near GMA (near is a relative word... I should remember that). We got off the GMA station and went down the wrong side so on we went to climbed three gargantuan flights of stairs. Afterw which, we walked a gigantic block and then we saw the sign.

The concert was okay but it was hard to have fun when I was also thinking how I was going to get home. I thought my cofaculty was going to take me home. It was only that night that he made clear to me that he was not taking me home. I could take the jeep from EDSA but... well it scared me of course especially since it was already late. I felt bad but I also understood that my cofaculty lives in Laguna. Still a part of me was gritting... I did not want to call *** for favors like this. I did not want to disturb his relaxation at home. I also do not want to be overly dependent and needy and I know he needs his rest but I was left with no choice. I texted him if maybe he could pick me up...

Where have all good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?

Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and turn and dream of what I need

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life


He texted me an instant yes. My heart jumped because though I would have understood if he texted me a no, I'd be hurt. I was holding my breath until he texted me that he can pick me up. He was going to pick me up! I told him I'll take the MRT with my cofaculty to Ayala and then I can just wait somewhere near Oakwood. A few minutes later I called him up, he was already in Ayala. He said he would wait for me at the escalator going to SM. Wow! I cannot believe this guy... To think he was watching a TV show when I texted him. He did not even wait til the show was over. He is my hero, my prince, my true love. I only had to text him once... I did not even have to call to ask him to pick me up.


Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me



Up Where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I would swear that there’s someone somewhere
Watching me
Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like a fire in my blood



I really thank the Lord each day that He gives me with him. I am and will always be grateful that our paths met.

Thank you for being the hero I have always hoped for. I have always known there's one out there especially made for me.

I love you so much baby. I mean it every time.

Holding On To A Hero - Footloose

No comments: