Thursday, June 02, 2005

Chasing Dreams

Written June 10, 2004 :

I have always wanted to become a newscaster but I took up Computer Science. I was afraid I might end up jobless after I graduate so I took up a course that seemed to be in demand in 1997. I thought, if I really wanted to be a newscaster, I can still be a newscaster even if I took up Computer Science.

I did not find my course easy but I managed somehow and was able to snatch an honorable mention in the end. You would think after I graduate I would go after my dream, that was what I thought too but no, I stayed in my comfort zone teaching college students. It’s fun. I enjoy it but there is a missing part of me, it has stayed locked in my heart where my deepest desire was. I still wanted to newscast.

Time and again, there would be advertisements calling for newscasters but I will never even try to pass my resume. I saw auditions as a tiresome process to achieve masochistic pleasure. A window of opportunity for people to reject and hurt you. All these changed after reading The Alchemist. I have a dream and I must run after it, it was all that I could think of after reading it. I became restless. I have only a few years on earth and I am not spending these years wandering about, thinking what might have been.

I auditioned for a newscaster position at Wazzup Wazzup. It’s a crazy news show. I met a lot of people there, some of whom I still communicate with. I felt closer to some of them than I did to some people I have spent years with. We all had common dreams and we were all there to see if we can make them come true. I passed the first and second screening but did not quite make it since they never called me. I was rejected. But I was not broken inside as I expected. I have never felt so complete and feisty at the same time.

Until the day of the audition, I have never been so starved yet full at the same time, exhausted yet energized, I have never felt so alive. I do not know yet the feeling of fulfilling my dream but what I am sure of is, my dream sure beats anything I have ever tried in my life.

6 comments:

Urban Warrior said...

It's great to know that you have finally decided make a move to leave the shore. I look forward to seeing your everchanging hair-do when you newscast hehehe ^_o

dRaMaQuEeN said...

haha... haven't in quite a while. I did try out for RPN too... :) Maybe after this term! :)

Cherie said...

can you audition again for wazzup2x? they're looking for new tadjocks! =)

dRaMaQuEeN said...

hmm... wag na lng dami ako ginagawa ngayon e... :) maybe next time i'll try again... mejo embarassing din kasi yun kasi contest sia e hehe... may text vote

Cherie said...

text vote lang pala eh!

ako i'll text vote for you! as in kahit makaubos ako ng 1000 worth of load hahaha...

dRaMaQuEeN said...

Salamat Cherie, friend talaga kita! Kaso wala kasi akong time ngayon e hehe :) Tsaka nakakahiya sa mga students ko kung sakali hehe :))