Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gift of Present

Another trimester has ended and I have once more given the grades of my students. They have given me the things that they have learned in the Personal Effectiveness subject that I teach.

I am amazed at how much they have put the things I have presented in class to practice. Now, if only I can do that too... *haha* The best perk of being a teacher is to hear the sincere "Thank You" of the students. I really am grateful for being in this profession.

Another perk is being able to join the swim meet! :)

I had my second swim meet today!

I won first place out of two swimmers! :) Not bad *hahaha*! My time is 55 seconds. Still not the 30 seconds I am gunning for but hopefully with practice I will get there. Now, everyone has been heckling me about being a swimming champion this year and last year (where I had nobody to swim against) *haha*! I told them I will get a jacket that says Back-to-Back. They told me they'll get a three-peat shirt for next year *haha*.

It was fun swimming but I was a nervous wreck the night before because I had to be conscious about my sleeping position lest my left shoulder might hurt. I also had this bad case of palpitations because of a caffeinated drink a friend gave me. Being the glutton that I am, I drank the Figaro drink, as a result, I was palpitating until I fell asleep. I was up until three in the morning! Early this morning, I was still having difficulty breathing and my heart rate has not normalized completely but I had to get myself together. I was still able to do two laps before we competed. :)

Since I have been up until three in the morning, I really should be going to bed now.

Good night world!

Thank You Lord for the gift of the present. May I always remember that I should worry not what tomorrow brings because You got my back. :)


P.S.
The homily last Friday was beautiful. In a way, I think it might be an answer to a question that has long been lingering in my neurotic head.

The gospel was about Jesus saying how the highest of commandments are, "Love God above all else. Love others as you love yourself.".

The priest said something that struck me (not verbatim, his version was soh much nicer): "Sometimes we are afraid to love because we are afraid of getting hurt. We think that by not loving, we will not get hurt. This is true, but to love is to live and so to not love is to not reach life's full potential."

I quite agree. To love is to give others the power to hurt us.

Cue in music. *And I'm ready to take a chance again, ready to put my love on the line... * *wahahaha*

Seriously though, my application is to think about this. I am not sure if this is an answer to a question in my head. If it is, I thank You Lord.

No comments: