Friday, August 05, 2005

Tribute to Antoine de Sainte-Exupery's Muse

Three months have passed since you took my heart for you to love and take care of and you have done nothing short of that. These past three months, I have never felt as loved as I have ever been in my life. It's amazing because this trimester has been the most hectic trimester for me, with the new subject I am teaching right now, the Saturday classes I have been taking, the target to finish my thesis among the many other stressors and yet you were able to keep me calm. I had my moments when I just broke down and cried but you were there to comfort me, it did not matter wherever you were with whomever.

Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for never faltering. Your thoughtfulness, like bringing me ice cream when I'm so stressed, or offering to check papers touch me deeply. Thank you for driving all the way to Taft just so you can give me a hug when I really need one badly. Thanks for finding time during the day to call me and to check if I'm sleeping again instead of working... Thanks for always reminding me to eat when I am forgetting... Thanks for reminding me that I still need to exercise and take a breather from time to time. Thank you for allowing me to party right after I submitted my documents. Thank you for making the most out of the stolen moments that we had while I was still doing my thesis. Just a bit more baby and I will be able to give you more of my time...

I am truly grateful to have someone like you in my life. You have proven to me that indeed "True love consists not of gazing at each other's eyes but in looking towards the same direction".

No comments: