Monday, March 14, 2011

On Japan

The day the horrible quake hit Tokyo was the same day I went home from Osaka. It was also my birthday. People were calling me up to check on me. Family members, colleagues and friends were calling me up, asking me if I made it back.

I did and I feel blessed. Thank You Lord for keeping me safe and for helping me make it to my flight (This is another post in itself).

When I heard that there was an earthquake in Japan, I thought to myself, "There is no way Japan will be affected. They are very prepared.". Even after they said a tsunami hit Japan, I was still very confident that Japan was able to warn everybody". My faith in the Japanese people is that great.

Unfortunately, the tsunami and the quake were too horrendous even for the most prepared. Still, as I watch them as a people, I cannot help but be amazed at how dignified they still look in spite the tragedy that hit them. How their government has responded and how they are now picking up all the pieces. Some of my friends from Tokyo were telling me how business, day after the tragedy, was going back to normal.

Even now, that there has been explosions in the nuclear plant, I still think that even that they will be able to contain soon. This is how much I look up to this nation, this group of people, more so because I have seen how they work like clockwork and how much pride they have as they do what is expected of them.

They have, over the years of their existence, triumphed over tragedies. I think this is one of those and one of these days Japan shall rise again to inspire and to awe.

Let us pray for Japan and for the rest of the world.

God bless Japan and the rest of the world.

No comments: