Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Birthday Gift

This year, I got to have two cakes. One cake was from Osaka that was topped with strawberries and the other cake was from the Philippines topped with mangoes. But apart from these cakes topped with strawberries and mangoes, I got my cherry on top. Yes this is on top of all those yummy toppings! :)

I think this year, I got a gift that I did not imagine to get. The giver probably does not understand how it meant a lot to me but it did. It came least expected and it made my heart want to jump out of its cage, but in retrospect, I am just glad that it all happened.

I did not think it would ever be possible and that it would happen as it did but it did! :) Until now, as I recall all that transpired, I feel like everything was surreal. Of course, being the masochist that I am, I imagine myself saying something else or doing something else because I like to torture myself that way but I think all went relatively well. In the end, I just have to let go because none of what has been can ever be changed (and I am not just talking about this particular thing but other parts of my life as well). I have to learn to forgive myself and trust His hand. He has a greater design, a greater plan and all I have to do is to trust His heart.

So, thank you and most importantly, thank You.

No comments: