Monday, August 28, 2006

Movies Move

Click

This film made me appreciate my job even more. I realize that I am living the life I want. No fastforwards, no need for rewinds and definitely, I find no interest to skip chapters of my life. I like the way it is going.

Sure, I might not have the most money or the most powerful position but I have clients who are younger than I am, smiles and laughs with me. I don't have to call them sir or ma'am and most of all, I do not have to suck up to them. It makes me happy when they get what they want. When I do get clients I do not like, I know I only have to bear with them for three months and then I would not have to deal with them again.

While the others need to go to work early and stay put until the end of the day, I can come to school later so long as my schedule permits. I can do what I want most of the time, provided I finish all my deliverables, hence I find time to attend to my Aikido, swimming, reading, DVD marathons, dating and so much more.

And so even if at times, people look down on my chosen profession, I just quietly count how blessed I am that I have this job. While so many search their whole life of something that can make them happy, I have found mine at an early age. I guess it's true what they say, teaching is addictive.

On a lighter note, my boyfriend and I were looking for Rob Schneider's cameo, as he always has one in all Happy Madison films starring Adam Sandler but to no avail. I found out later on that he's supposed to be Prince Habibi... The big nose definitely derailed us.

The Devil Wears Prada

I loved the outfits showcased in thsi film! I mean... Wow! Is there an opening to a fashion magazine post? Sign me up please!

Why is it that Hathaway always plays this person who is in need of a makeover? She always gets one, except in Brokeback Mountain where her character was beyond help. Her bare breasts still flashes somehow when I see her face. That flesh exposure was unnecesary and tasteless if I may say so.

This movie made me fear the industry even more. The politics and the brown-nosing is something I was not designed to do. It's against my principles. The signature bags, shoes and clothes had their appeal of course, but they're just not worth my precious sleep at night.

I enjoyed this film but I think the part reason why I was entertained aside from the glamour of the clothes and accessories is the little game my boyfriend and I were playing. He was waiting to gloat at the weakness of Hathaway's character, Andyin resisting a guy in the film and I, being the girl had to stick it out for Andy.

This is a good film. I wonder if the book will entertain me as much. Our library doesn't have it. Darn. I'll have to buy one if I want to read it. It can wait. I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice. To sidetrack a bit, I have finally read Jane Austen's Persuasion and apart from it being a satire of the old customs in England before, I found it rather boring. Not as boring as Scarlet Letter, Austen tells the story in less words but I guess I was expecting more romance and found none. People in her era are so frigid. Pride and Prejudice is proving to be a more interesting read.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend

I was not so happy with this film. Maybe the fact that I saw this after watching Meryl Streep has affected my judgement but really. Most of the jokes in this film moved around sex and flirting. I don't know why I expected more from this film to begin with.

At the end of the film, it's really just an empty flick with a cute title.

-----
My boyfriend and I like to binge on movies a lot. We find it therapeutic I guess. I love watching with my boyfriend, it gives me an excuse to snuggle up to him, not that I need an excuse hehe...

4 comments:

dRaMaQuEeN said...

Click is a lot like The Sims minus the antics of Adam Sandler hehe...

Thanks Vienna! Most people do not think teaching is a real job, they think it's more of a hobby especially since the industry pays more. I've learned to live with it though. I really enjoy what I do. :)

mjgrace22 said...

hey musta na?

I was able to catch Click last week with carlo. I liked the lesson the movie was trying to tell pero for a comedy movie, it's not that good. And Prince Habibi is indeed Rob. Galing nga ni Carlo eh, na-spot nya agad!

Anyway, mas gusto ko tuloy mapanuod yung the devil wears prada ngayon na sinabi mo na okay... hopefully, matuloy kame bukas...:)

say hi to vince for me...:)

dRaMaQuEeN said...

Uyy... may another movie date! Kumusta ang The Devil Wears Prada? Hmm... I smell romance :D Kinikilig naman ako sa inyo! This is so reminiscent of Vince and me and how we ended up together. :D Balitaan mo ako! :D

mjgrace22 said...

haha... nakakatawa ka talaga... friends lang talaga kami noh :D