Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sabbatical

Many of my colleagues count down to their sabbatical leave. I on the other hand, have managed to do without it for eleven years. I have been putting it off for so long and now, for reasons I would rather not divulge because I do not want to get into a fit so late at night, I have to take it. 

I feel like I am going to retire. I am racking my brain for what I want to do in one year's time. Of course, the idea of spending many days in Bora, Palawan, Cam Sur, Coron, Batanes comes to mind. However, in my heart, my sabbatical was never about this. It was not even about going abroad to study. I want to use my sabbatical for something meaningful in my life. 

Since I have nothing to do, I might as well do my dissertation. So I am off to do something that a lot of people tell me is difficult to do. Trust me. I tried to tell my panelists. I spent three hours telling them what they ask of me is too much... To no avail. 

Hence, I am left with no choice but to trudge on and trust that the Lord will provide for me as He has always have. 

Truth be told. I am a bit excited. :) 

No comments: