Sunday, June 04, 2006

Grains of Sand

Slowly slipping away are the grains of sand in an hour glass while we live our life each day. The clock ticks and another second goes by forcing discipline and equality amongst the children of the Universe. Rich or poor, good or bad, all are subjected to time.

As I watch the hour glass, I see my life going by. People aging every year, growing in time.

I wish I could stop time, keep the grains from falling into oblivion. Then again, if the sand stopped flowing, would life hold any meaning to me at all? Would a second or a minute be given the same value? I think not. I think what makes life worth living is knowing that every second, every minute counts.

One day when most of my sand has slipped away and all there is left to do is to recount the days gone by, I will look back to the last 525,600 precious minutes that I have shared with my boyfriend with gladness. Those little grains of sand have not fallen into oblivion but into memories housed in the deep chambers of my heart.

***
My first year anniversary ever, had to be spent in HK because it was the only available booking at the time the date was set. It was moved several times but at the last minute, it fell on the 5th of May. And so the night before, my boyfriend and I went out. He treated me to a dinner at Masas... I was just wearing jeans and Havaianas (I was hung over from our Bora trip)! During dinner we exchanged greeting cards. And then before he walked me to the unit, he gave me three pink roses.

I had to burn him a CD containing pictures of his officemates from Bora. I was very sad then because I did not want to leave him here. Partly, I was a bit sad because the day I have looked forward to is about to end... well technically it was about to begin but essentially, I was looking forward to celebrating the day with him.

When I stepped out of the unit to hand him the CD, he handed me a box from his clutch bag. It was a light blue box with a white ribbon. I read the card slowly, aligned with the words, yours forever was an embossed Tiffany and Co. logo.

I was already crying while opening the box. I knew what it was. The bracelet that I have wanted for years now. He had it engraved with my name and his and our anniversary. I was already crying as I thanked him and I apologized for being so glum during the night. I really did not want to leave but I knew if I did not, I'd also kick myself later.

Thanks baby for loving me beyond what I have ever dreamed.


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: