Monday, November 21, 2005

A Case of Melancholia

I have been melancholic lately. I would love to say it's for an unknown reason and end this post right here but then I'd be lying to myself and in the end, I would not be helping myself at all.

I am sad because I do not seem to appreciate things happening around me. Lately, my glass is not half-full but half-empty. I see the pot holes and not the magnificent flower beds by my road. I get easily disappointed when I have so much to be grateful for. But that's all over because today, I will not be melancholic. I will not march through this day like a hollow zombie. I want to taste every crumb of my cake today.

Things I am grateful for:


  • My wonderful and patient boyfriend who puts up with my topaks

  • My family

  • The Lord who has never forsaken me

  • All the firsts that we have shared together



    • LRT ride

    • Gateway movie

    • Tukneneng & Penoy

    • Prayer meeting

    • ...and soh much more



  • For the promise of another tomorrow!


  • Thank you baby for putting up with my erratic mood swings. Please remember that I do love you. My topaks have nothing to do with you, it's mainly with me and my unidentified mental disorder.


  • My job



2 comments:

Urban Warrior said...

You're lucky you realize them now, before HE takes them away from you. In that case, it's indefinitely postponed again. =)

dRaMaQuEeN said...

*sheepish smile* I have to remind myself everyday... it's soh easy to forget.