Monday, July 11, 2005

No Cinderella

One of my closest friends from high school had her son baptized yesterday at St. Andrew the Apostolate Church, Makati. I went with *** and my friend who introduced me to him (Thanks friend! *big hug*). My friend and I were both godmothers to our friend's son. I introduced *** as my boyfriend to most people there and I was really happy that he shared his time with us. I like it that he's always there for me.

It's funny how things turn out sometimes. A few months ago, I was at a friend's wedding, loveless. I was riding with my friend and her mom when they suddenly brought *** up. They wanted to introduce me to him. I am glad that my friend and her mom were used as God's instruments so that my love story, the one that the Lord wrote for me so carefully may unfold. I am thankful I did not bring a car that day. I am thankful that I rode with them. Most thankful am I that I was very open to meeting someone new.

I did not get to meet him after that though. I just told my friend she could give my number to him if she wanted to. He never texted though (He says he did, well maybe he did but I overlooked it). He was leaving for the States in a few days. Never to come back, my friend said. Oh well.

Two months later, at Starbucks ATC, I finally got my first live conversation with the man of my dreams. I did not know then yet that he is the man of my dreams but he was interesting and funny. We already got to talk using YM before and I was not at all surprised that he was funny and interesting in person. And the rest was love story...

After the Christening, we heard mass with my friend, drank some refreshments at The Java Man Powerbooks, Greenbelt, and then went to G4. We walked my friend to Glorietta 2 because she had to go to SM.

The highlight of my day yesterday:

I was walking on the 3rd floor of G4 on our way to Rustan's when one of my stilleto's heels got caught in between the metal connectors on the floor. I lost my heel hehe... the litlle square black thing. He saw it and so we came back for it and then he put it back into the shoe. That was soh sweeet. He was not at all embarassed to do that for me. That made my heart melt. When I am with him, I always find my heart skipping a beat but it's moments like this that shakes me into the reality that yes, this man IS the man of my dreams. I'm no Cinderella but I know that this prince will pick up my heel everytime it gets caught in between metal connectors.

2 comments:

Urban Warrior said...

He not only kisses your foot, he also picks up your dropped heels from your stilletos. Atsay talaga bwahahaha *joke* Lucky girl!
Question is, what do you for him? ^_o

dRaMaQuEeN said...

hmm... i give him a massage when he needs one? I get him donuts... little things lang... I mean how do you equal what he does for me? He is the sweetest guy e. Sometimes I feel unworthy... But yeah... I am one lucky girl!