Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Right In Front of Me

I was re-reading Joshua Harris' I Kissed Dating Goodbye last night.
Okay, I was not really re-reading, I was simply reading the summary.
This is enough for me because I have already read this book back in
college and then a few years after I graduated from college.

I was reminded that the book is telling me to wait and to trust in the
plans of the Lord. You'd be surprised at how much I suck at waiting.
As I was reflecting on the book, I remembered a conversation I had
with a good friend of mine. We have been friends since 1995.

We were then talking about my budding relationship with my third
boyfriend who will eventually be my husband and then not. Wow. I can
finally write that down. Maybe I will write about that some more later
on. That will do for now. I digress.

I was so giddy and could not wait to get into a relationship. My good
friend had to remind me to slow down. She said, until I do not learn
what the Lord wants me to learn, He will continue to teach me. I may
get hurt in the process and it will hurt more and more until I learn.
Of course, during that time, I just ranted about my lack of
discernment when, right then and there, through my friend, the Lord
was already talking to me. Telling me to slow down and not rush. To
think things through... *sigh*

You know what? I am done regretting. I am done wondering. I am where I
am because this is where I need to be right NOW. While I would rather
be somewhere else, who am I to claim that I know better? The Lord has
great plans for me, all I need to do is sit back and relax. That
should not be too hard. I simply need to take in the view and to
relish the moment that I am in.

All I need to become, all I need to experience, all I need and want
will be given to me because:

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
In green pastures he leads me.
In restful waters he restores my soul.
He leads me to do good for his namesake.
Though I walk through the darkest valley,
I am unafraid because He is with me.
His rod and staff comfort me.
He prepares my table in front of my enemies
He anoints me with oil
Goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life
I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Thank you for the promise of tomorrow.

No comments: